Kimchi is a fermented dish made with vegetables and an assortment of different seasonings. Koreanculture is big on this side dish, making it their national dish and holding an annual kimchi festival.
Archive for month: December, 2015
Come and stock up on all your favorite RTB treats for the holiday and winter ahead!
As usual, we will have a fire, meat samples cooking on the grill, hot drinks (on the house of course), and an overall festive spirit….. Hoping for sunshine.
Santa hats and ugly sweaters encouraged.
- Hope Millham will be slinging wreaths at this month’s farm day. These holiday wreaths are natural, beautiful, and local. Come early, they are bound to go fast!
- Do you have a fermentation enthusiast in your life? Nilsa Garcia-Rey will be on the farm selling her homemade fermentation crocks. Supplies are limited!
- Geoff will have Non-GMO, pastured pork sausages and kielbasa. He also has grass-fed beef and lamb available this month for your special holiday meals. Interested in giving the gift of healthy, locally raised meat this holiday – email Geoff about purchasing a whole and half animal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley’s Produce will have spinach, salad mix, cabbage, kale and chard available.
- Neighboring farm, Ivory Silo, will be selling yellow onions, sugar beets, celeriac, Macomber turnips, parsnips, watermelon radishes, daikon radish, sunchokes and Hot Sauce!
- Lucy Tabit will be on site selling her amazing Hana’s Honey – perfect for stocking stuffers!
- Apponagansett Farm will have 100% pure Massachusetts Maple Syrup that they locally source from Holiday Brook Farm located in the Berkshires. This is the farm that Susan and Tony apprenticed on for two years prior to starting Apponagansett. Each year they trek back to bottle syrup and bring back this delicious product to the SouthCoast!
Enjoy a family friendly farm tour at 2:00pm, meet & mingle with the RTB team, animals and much more!
Open Farm Days are held down at the Barn – follow the signs! Please Note: This will be our last farm day until spring!
Round the Bend Farm (RTB), a Center for Restorative Community, located in Dartmouth, Massachusetts is a working farm and educational non-profit. We are a living laboratory that cultivates, educates, and empowers people of all ages. We are devoted to the global paradigm shift toward hope and abundance by valuing diversity, modeling nature, and redefining wealth.