Round the Bend Farm (RTB), a Center for Restorative Community, is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts and is a 115-acre working farm and educational non-profit. We are a living laboratory that cultivates, educates, and empowers people of all ages. We are devoted to the global paradigm shift toward hope and abundance by valuing diversity, modeling nature, and redefining wealth. RTB is seeking a passionate and motivated individual to join our team as a Full-Time Kitchen Assistant. We are accepting applications until April 1, 2022. Anticipated start date of employment is May 3, 2022.
As a full-time Kitchen Assistant, this position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual; someone who is passionate about RTB’s mission, local food systems, and plant-based foods. It is expected that this employee will participate in the overall mission of RTB. The Kitchen Assistant will work directly with RTB’s Executive Chef & Kitchen Director to keep RTB’s commercial kitchen running smoothly. This includes assisting with the organization, processing and storage of various foods, food preparation tasks, and supporting RTB’s education initiatives. The Kitchen Assistant will be expected to keep kitchen work happening at an efficient pace, and to be extremely flexible in nature.
As an organization that strives to value diversity in all that we do (it’s even part of our mission!), we take care and place extra value in continuing to diversify our team.
Candidate preferences include the following:
- Some kitchen experience, and a quick learner that demonstrates sufficient motivation
- Commitment to working in the scope of RTB’s mission (preference may be given to those who have an active interest in environmental and social justice issues pertaining to both local and global food systems)
- Desire to respect and care for the health of soil, plants, animals and humans
- Desire to participate in and build local, vibrant community
- Persevering work ethic and ability to complete directed tasks in a timely, efficient fashion
- Focused attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work both independently and in groups of diverse people
- Personal maturity, mindful self-awareness, dependability, and flexibility
- Openness to communication, with the ability to accept direction and guidance and ask questions when unclear
- Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) the use of certain kitchen tools and equipment
- Physical ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Open mind, open heart and an open palate… we will be eating well!
- Experience in a communal living situation for those who may be interested in potential RTB housing
- Salary is $32,100 (gross annual income) plus full-time benefit with potential for additional (optional) event-time pay outside of normal work hours;
- Full-time employee benefits include health & dental insurance, flexible spending account, life & disability insurance, paid vacation & wellness days and select holidays;
- RTB may provide room & board and internet access. Housing may include a private place to sleep (in a tiny house) and a shared kitchen/dining/library space with laundry facilities available. (Please note: This job is not contingent upon living on the farm. Additional responsibilities to contribute to the community are required if a candidate decides to live on the farm.)
- RTB supports healing, self-care and celebrations in a variety of ways, including bi-annual massages, use of RTB holistic medicinal practices (like herbal tinctures and our BioMat), team birthday celebrations and sporadic local beach excursions;
- Daily meals crafted from delicious, vibrant, farm produce;
- Hands-on learning environment focused on all aspects of sustainable living;
- Buzzards Bay breezes and silky South Coast sunsets.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the RTB Candidate Questionnaire (https://forms.gle/Yo59Vp64mWspbHA78) and send a letter of interest telling us about yourself and detailing your motivations and qualifications for this position, along with a brief resume and two professional references by April 1, 2022. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. Also, please feel free to note in your application which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Please send materials via email (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via snail mail at:
Round the Bend Farm (RTB)
92 Allens Neck Road
South Dartmouth, MA 02748
Attn: Human Resources
*ROUND THE BEND FARM (RTB) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER*
RTB values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. RTB is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.