Open Farm Days are from 10:00am-5:00pm
This Month’s Highlights Include:
- 10:00-12:00pm we will be hosting Hannah Jacobson-Hardy from Sweet Birch Herbals for a workshop on Cleansing Herbs for Transitioning into Spring. Registration is necessary to attend this class. Walk-ins are welcome but please arrive early so we can get you registered on the spot! Hannah will also be bringing some of her luscious Sweet Birch Herbal products – we are huge fans!!
- Livestock farmer, Geoff Kinder, will have grass-fed beef and a limited amount of grass-fed lamb available. We recommend that you come early if you’re aiming to purchase meat!
- Ashley’s Produce will be selling organically-raised potted plants: tomatoes, broccoli, kale, cabbage, potato seed pieces, thyme and oregano.
- Lucy Tabit’s local honey will be available.
- Maple syrup harvested from Western MA by Apponagansett Farm will be here.
- Free guided tours – a great way to see the farm and hear all we have going on!
- Plus, lively conversation, tasty meat samples and herbal tea!
Please note, we can only accept cash or check at this time, sorry for any inconvenience.
Come and help us kick off RTB’s 2016 Open Farm Day season this Saturday, April 16th from 10:00am – 5:00pm.
- Non-GMO, pastured pork
- Grass-fed lamb
- Hana’s Honey
- Maple Syrup from western MA
- Guided farm tours and much more!
There are lots of new farm babies for you to meet – lambs, goat kids and pigs. The grill will be fired up with tasty samples, compliments of farmer Geoff and chef Shaun. Follow signs to the barn to join in all the fun.
Come and stock up on all your favorite RTB treats for the holiday and winter ahead!
As usual, we will have a fire, meat samples cooking on the grill, hot drinks (on the house of course), and an overall festive spirit….. Hoping for sunshine.
Santa hats and ugly sweaters encouraged.
- Hope Millham will be slinging wreaths at this month’s farm day. These holiday wreaths are natural, beautiful, and local. Come early, they are bound to go fast!
- Do you have a fermentation enthusiast in your life? Nilsa Garcia-Rey will be on the farm selling her homemade fermentation crocks. Supplies are limited!
- Geoff will have Non-GMO, pastured pork sausages and kielbasa. He also has grass-fed beef and lamb available this month for your special holiday meals. Interested in giving the gift of healthy, locally raised meat this holiday – email Geoff about purchasing a whole and half animal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley’s Produce will have spinach, salad mix, cabbage, kale and chard available.
- Neighboring farm, Ivory Silo, will be selling yellow onions, sugar beets, celeriac, Macomber turnips, parsnips, watermelon radishes, daikon radish, sunchokes and Hot Sauce!
- Lucy Tabit will be on site selling her amazing Hana’s Honey – perfect for stocking stuffers!
- Apponagansett Farm will have 100% pure Massachusetts Maple Syrup that they locally source from Holiday Brook Farm located in the Berkshires. This is the farm that Susan and Tony apprenticed on for two years prior to starting Apponagansett. Each year they trek back to bottle syrup and bring back this delicious product to the SouthCoast!
Enjoy a family friendly farm tour at 2:00pm, meet & mingle with the RTB team, animals and much more!
Open Farm Days are held down at the Barn – follow the signs! Please Note: This will be our last farm day until spring!
Don’t Miss this Month’s Open Farm Day – November 14, 2015 from 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Geoff will be offering a volume discount on his Non-GMO, pastured pork sausages and kielbasa – Buy 8 lbs. and Get 1 lb. FREE. Limited amounts of grass-fed beef will also be available.
- Ashley will be selling cabbage, carrots, broccoli, kale, chard and winter squash.
- Neighboring farm, Ivory Silo, will be selling beets, celeriac, and Macomber turnips
- Hana’s Honey
- Harm’s Family Farm’s Maple Syrup, locally sourced in western, MA
- An interactive and family friendly farm tour at 2:00pm
- Meet and mingle with the RTB team, animals and much more!
Open Farm Days are held down at the Barn – follow the signs!